Honeywell Ci70 -Ex
The i.roc™ Ci70 -Ex mobile computer combines global certifications for hazardous environments with today’s cutting-edge technologies. It’s manufactured and serviced exclusively by ecom instruments. This product will be available for purchase only from ecom authorized distributors and their partners. Please visit www.iroc-ci70.com for your region’s product release schedule.
Based on the successful Honeywell 70 Series mobile computer family, the i.roc® Ci70 -Ex combines global certifications for hazardous environments with today’s cutting-edge technologies.
Traditionally, mobile computers for hazardous environments have been hamstrung with outdated technology and limited configuration options, requiring users to make significant tradeoffs. Now Honeywell and ecom have combined their expertise to create a new paradigm in intrinsically safe mobile computing that doesn’t require compromises: the Ci70 -Ex.
- Features the highest number of global approvals for hazardous environments.
- The best choice for workers in the chemical, oil and gas, and pharmaceutical industries.
- Meets or exceeds stringent requirements for gases, vapors and liquids, dusts, and fibers.
- Compatible with FlexDock, our modular charging system, via a field-replaceable cup.
The Ci70 -Ex also includes many breakthrough advances available in an intrinsically safe mobile computer for the first time:
- Complete wireless networking capabilities help ensure rapid data exchange, even where reception conditions prove challenging.
- Available near/far imaging technology now allows operators in hazardous environments to scan barcodes from near contact to over 50 feet away.
- Add radio frequency detection (RFID) capability via a head module.
Standard Configuration: 225 cm (9.8 in)
Includes Optional Head Module: 249 cm (8.8 in)
Standard Configuration: 85 cm (3.3 in)
Includes Optional Head Module: 85 cm (3.3 in)
Standard Configuration: 58 cm (2.3 in)
Includes Optional Head Module: 58 cm (2.3 in)
-20°C to +50°C (-4°F to +120°F)
-20°C to +60°C (-4°F to +140°F)
1.2 m (4 ft) according to MIL-STD- 810G at -20°C and +50°C (-4°F and +120°F)
± 8 kV contact discharge, ± 15 kV air discharge
Rain and Dust Resistance
Texas Instruments 1GHz multi-engine processor architecture
Memory and Storage
Memory/Storage Extensions: Customer-accessible microSD slot for removable memory cards up to 32 GB
RAM Memory: 512 MB
Backlit numeric or QWERTY layout; both keypad options feature hard keycaps with laser-etched legends
Battery Capacity: 4000 mAh (3.7 V)
USB Full Speed 2.0 Client, IrDA
With optional factory replaceable head modules, the imaging and reading capabilities of Ci70 can be enhanced:
- Near/far range 2D area imager—offering the unparalleled flexibility to read 1D and 2D bar codes, omni-directionally, at distances from 15 cm to over 15 m
- Linear laser—scan 1D bar codes at close proximity
- RFID reader—supporting HF, LF, and UHR
App Development: Intermec Developer Library
Data Management: Skynax® Mobility Management System
Device Management: Intermec SymartSystems™ support includes ScanNGo rovisioning for use alone or with device management software from Intermec ISVs
Device Health Monitoring: Remote access requires SmartSystems Management option
Optional Wireless WAN
UMTS Frequencies: 800, 850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz
GSM/GPRS Frequencies: 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz
Max Data Rate (Network Dependent): 5.76 Mbps uplink, 14.4 Mbps downlink
Optional Wireless WAN
CDMA Frequencies: 800, 1900 MHz
Max Speeds (Network Dependent): 1.8 Mbps uplink, 3.1 Mbps downlink
Security: Wi-Fi Certified for WPA and WPA2, WAPI Certified
Encryption: AES, TKIP, WEP (64 or 128 bit)
Operating Channels: 0 to 78 (2402 to 2480 MHz)
Data Rate: 1, 2, 3 Mbps
REGULATORY APPROVALS & CONFORMITY
IEC/EN 60825-1 Class 2
HAZARDOUS ENVIRONMENT CERTIFICATIONS
NEC Dust Class II, Division 1
NEC Fibers Class III
MSHA Mining (Methane Air Mixtures)
ATEX Gas (Zone 1) IIC T4
ATEX Dust (Zone 21) IIIC IP 64
ATEX Mining (M1) I Ma
IECEx Gas (Zone 1) IIC T4
IECEx Dust (Zone 21) IIIC IP 64
IECEx Mining (M1) I Ma